ENERGY OIL & GAS ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
Our firm has represented substantial business concerns in oil and gas in the areas of:
- i. Consultation and rendering legal opinions on Environmental issues including advice on how to minimise risks and avoid liabilities when environmental, health and safety matters arise from oil spillage and oil exploration and its effects on environment.
- ii. Negotiation of compensation for oil spills.
- iii.Gas pipeline rights of way.
- iv.Filling/ Gas station leases.
- v. High end litigation in the oil and gas sector for oil majors and oil servicing companies
- vi. Negotiation and documentation for the purchase and supply of the industrial gas by the NIGERIAN GAS COMPANY (NGC) to industrial concerns. In this respect we acted for CONTINENTAL IRON AND STEEL PLC and other organisations.
- vii.We have acted extensively as litigation lawyers for oil majors and oil servicing companies including:
- MOBIL OIL PLC
- MOBIL PRODUCING NIGERIA UNLIMITED
- SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY NIGERIA LTD
- AFRICAN PETROLEUM PLC
- MIDLANTIC OIL LTD
- TOTAL EXPLORATION AND PRODUCTION NIGERIA LTD
- NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
- viii. ELECTRICITY CABLE RIGHT OF WAY: We are known barristers to Power Holding Company of Nigeria, having handled numerous cases of trespass relating to cable and wrongful death due to electrocution for the said organisation.